- 125g (1 cup) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 113g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 50g (1/4 cup) sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 (14 oz) can sweeten condensed milk
- 3.5 oz / 100g milk or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp light corn syrup
- 30g (2 tbsp) 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 160C / 325F. Line a 20 x 20 / 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Spread into the pan and bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool completely.
- To make the filling, combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, and condensed milk in a saucepan. Heat, occasionally stirring, until the butter is melted and the mixture looks smooth. Bring to boil and cook over low heat, constantly stirring, until the mixture thickens a bit and turns an amber. Spread onto the shortbread layer and let cool completely. Transfer into the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- To make the chocolate glaze, combine butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan and heat until the butter is melted. Remove from heat, add chocolate, and stir until melted. Pour over the condensed milk layer immediately. Cool completely before cutting into squares. For the best results, slice only after chilling for a few hours.
You can try find out more about